Monday, September 19, 2011

Oatmeal Mask

We all know how great oatmeal is for your skin. This mask is to fight acne. You'll probably start to realize that I'm all about acne prevention here, and that's because I've been dealing with it for years. Since I was 14 (AH!! Very long time now. Yikes!) And I've tried TONS of things for it! So, as an adult, I've figured out that natural is the best for my skin. This mask can also help someone who suffers from acne rosacea.

This mask is safe and gentle, and hopefully it'll work for you.

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon Oatmeal
       In such a concentrated form, it works great against acne. It's also a good moisturizer. Make sure it's unflavored, and original oatmeal, not instant.

A Dash of Honey
       Helps get rid of any blemish.

2 Tablespoons Water

You'll also need a small Bowl, and a Spoon.


Steps:

Mix the three together until it makes a paste.

Gently spread on your face. I found that the easiest way to do this is by using the back of the spoon.

Leave on for 10 - 15 minutes, or until dry.

Rinse off gently with warm water. Then again with cool water to close your pores.

Use your normal moisturizer after.

If you'd like to make more, feel free to double or triple this recipe. It's good for 3-4 weeks if kept at room temperature. You do NOT want to refrigerate this.


**Also, this mask can be a bit messy, I recommend using a shirt you wouldn't mind getting oatmeal on. Beware of spillage on the floors. My dog loved the taste, so she ate anything I spilt, some of you may not be as luck as to have such a natural vacuum/mop combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment